Monty Crawford has extensive experience in representing clients subject to government investigations and in white collar criminal matters on both the state and federal level. He has represented persons and companies under investigation by the Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Maryland State’s Attorney Office. He also has represented businesses and individuals before the Insurance Commission, the Attorney Grievance Commission, and various state consumer protection agencies. In addition, he has worked with numerous companies who believe that their employees or business partners have engaged in criminal or fraudulent activity.
Representative matters include:
– Representation of national corporation in response to subpoenas from Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission relating to allegations of big rigging in the municipal derivative markets.
– Representation of a national corporation in response to a Securities and Exchange Commission investigation relating to alleged misrepresentations made in connection with sale of annuities and mutual funds.
– Representation of national corporation in response to a multi-state investigation by 18 state consumer protection agencies into alleged false advertising.
– Representation of national manufacturing company in internal investigation of senior officer and vendor arising out of a multi-million dollar fraud and bribery scheme. Worked with Department of Justice to bring charges against the officer and recover the funds in question.
– Representation of a Maryland healthcare corporation in a criminal Medicare fraud investigation.
– Representation of national corporation defrauded out of $10 million by a business partner. Worked with United States Attorneys’ Office to help bring charges against the business partner and recover the amounts taken.
– Representation of business executive in criminal trial on charges filed in connection with a lawsuit against his employer.
– Representation of a business executive in a criminal trial arising out of alleged conduct at a national airport.