Monty Crawford has extensive experience defending companies and individuals against class action lawsuits in both state and federal court. He has defended Fortune 500 companies in nationwide class actions in federal court as well as local businesses and individuals in class actions filed in Maryland state court. He has had success both in having class actions dismissed and in defeating motions for class certification.
Representative matters include:
– Representation of a Maryland real estate company in state court class action alleging breach of contract and fraud.
– Representation of a Maryland corporation in class action brought in the US District Court for the District of Maryland arising out of alleged customer overcharges.
– Representation of a national financial company in the Municipal Derivatives Bid-Rigging Multi-District Litigation and Class Action in the Southern District of New York.
– Representation of a national company in class action filed in federal court in Florida alleging overcharges of federal, state, and local taxes.
– Representation of a national insurance company in a class action filed in federal court in Puerto Rico involving alleged underpayments to medical providers.
– Representation of a national corporation in a class action filed in the US District Court for the District of Columbia involving alleged consumer overcharges.