Monty Crawford has over twenty-five years of experience representing clients in a wide range of complex civil litigation and arbitration matters. He has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in over twenty-five states and ten countries. In representing plaintiffs, he has recovered over $200 million on behalf of his clients. He also has successfully defended his clients in numerous multi-million dollar actions.
Prior to opening his own firm, Monty spent twenty-five years at DLA Piper, LLP (US), the world’s largest law firm, where worked as a litigation partner. During that time, he represented Fortune 500 companies, small companies, and individuals in a wide range of complex, high-stakes commercial disputes throughout Maryland, the United States, and globally.
Monty Crawford’s litigation experience includes the following areas of law:
• Contract disputes
• Fraud claims
• Business Torts
• Shareholder disputes
• Employment disputes
• Construction disputes
• Divorce and custody disputes
• Trade secret disputes
• Product liability disputes
• Covenants not to compete
• Estate disputes
Representative matters include:
– Representation of national corporation in a month-long arbitration relating to enforceability of multi-billion dollar contract relating to the provision of information technology and telecommunication services.
– Representation of a national real estate development corporation in dispute with the City of Baltimore over the exclusive rights to develop the City of Baltimore’s Foreign Trade Zone.
– Representation of a national corporation in a multi-million dollar dispute with a hospital over development of computer software programs.
– Obtained a multi-million dollar judgment in a multi-week arbitration in Chicago relating to a dispute over the purchase of a business.
– Successfully defended national corporation in a multi-million dollar arbitration claim alleging breach of contract and fraud in Washington D.C.
– Successfully represented a Maryland company seeking to enforce arbitration clauses against persons who sought to bring cases against it in state and federal court in multiple states.
– Representation of real estate development company in a dispute alleging fraud and breach of contract arising out of residential development.
– Representation of a national corporation in product liability action in federal court.
– Representation of a national REIT in federal court over claims on behalf of 14 tenants of the REIT seeking in excess of $25 million in alleged overcharges in over 40 retail outlet centers.
– Representation of a national corporation in a multi-million dollar trade secret claim brought in Florida state court.
– Representation of individual in dispute over payment of executive compensation.
– Representation of a national company and executive in defense of a million-dollar defamation action.
– Representation of national corporation seeking to enforce a covenant not to compete.
– Representation of property owner in defense of a multi-million dollar wrongful death claim brought in District of Columbia state court.
– Representation of corporation seeking preliminary injunction to protect against disclosure of trade secrets.